The Data Scientists Training (DST) program at NC State is a year-long exploration that includes
- A summer bootcamp in core data science fundamentals from statistics and computer science,
- Supervised sessions over the academic year to work on team-based data analysis projects that participants code and develop,
- Explorations in how data science can help extract and apply relevant information to daily life,
- Opportunities for student participants to communicate results of their year-long data analyses findings,
- Site visit(s) to local data science companies, and
- Career discussions with real-life data scientists about their unique career pathways.
Designed specifically to introduce high school students to potential careers in data science, this exploration program will also feature activities led by Sustainable Horizons Institute to enable students to dream, plan, and navigate their own career pathways.